90Christiano Ronaldo – Portuguese international and Manchester united star Christiano Ronaldo has signed a partnership on nonfungible token (NFT) with the world leading crypto exchange, Binance.
Binance is the largest crypto exchange by market volume and by this partnership looks to introduce soccer fans to the web3 ecosystem through global NFT campaigns.
While the collaboration was made public, the crypto exchange pointed that the agreement centers around creating series of NFT collections with CR7. Thereafter, the NFTs would be sold on Binance NFT platform with the pioneer collection slated to take off later this year.
The CEO and founder of Binance, Changpeng Zhao, hails Ronanldo’s accomplishments in football as well mentioned that the Six-time Ballon d’Or winner has transcended sport to become an icon in a number of industries.
What you should know about this collaboration
- Zhao pointed that Christiano Ronaldo has amassed one of the world’s most dedicated fan bases through talent and charity work.
- Zhao added that the Binance team is very excited to give the soccer fans exclusive engagement opportunities to connect with Ronaldo as they look to own NFT collections.
- Ronaldo as well commented on the upcoming NFT drops, saying that fans will surely enjoy them. The soccer start says “My relationship with the fans is very key to me, so the idea of bringing unmatched experiences and access through this NFT platform is something that I wanted to be a part of.”
- There’s a fan-centric economy in this collaboration, where fans will have opportunities to own an iconic moment in sports history.
- The NFT programs will make for an exclusive experiences and engagement opportunities for fans all over the world to connect with Ronaldo, building a new web3 ecosystem entirely around sports.
- The announcement as well underlines Binance’s commitment to supporting global football, complementing existing partnerships with the Argentine Football Association, the Brazilian Football confederation as well as Professional sports club Lazio and FC Porto.
- Note, this is not Ronaldo’s first outing in the cryptocurrency space, the Portuguese star was awarded crypto tokens in March for his numerous achievements in sports. He was given Juve tokens, the official fan token of Juventus FC featuring every senior career goal that he scored.
Recall, cryptocurrency is in a period of winter at the moment, Zhao expressed positivity earlier in June. He noted that crypto in its third winter and Binance second encounter with this type of market situation, noting that the team knows how to navigate through this storm.
He also noted that the company will through this window hire top talents who are available as he stated that there are 2,000 open positions Binance is looking to fill.